Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Satilla River
danbo
post Jun 15 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 735

My boy just moved to the east side of Waycross and I plan to go down some this summer and he wants to fish the Satilla River near Nahunta. Do any of you ole salties have any info on landings near Nahunta and maybe directions to them?

Thanks

Danbo

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_kneedeep_*
post Jun 15 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Guests

Hwy 301 outside Nahunta toward Jesup. Just a few miles I am almost positive there is a paved ramp on the right.

I know there is a community ramp out there that I have used and no-one has ever said anything to me. I would have to dig up directions on Maptech if you are interested in that.

If you go on into Atkinson you got the Warner Landing ramp, the Satilla Club and the Happy Landing ramp. Happy Landing is private. I used to have a key for out there but they changed the lock. ph34r.gif

It's been years since I fished the Satilla. I'm sure someone has more definitive information for you. Beautiful river through there!

+Quote Post
T.Grantham
post Jun 15 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Forum Advisor

Member No.: 100

Take 82 towards Brunswick. I think there is a ramp below the river bridge. Cross river bridge turn left at 1st drive,follow down to the river. If you turn right at Atkinson there is an old dirt landing[no ramp] about 10 miles. A public ramp at 3 R club[@ 15 miles,right at atkinson] I'm sure Ft. Mckintosh has a public ramp.Should be able to find it on the net. Burnt Fort,right at Atkinson,go to dead end[15 miles]turn right ,follow road signs. Woodbine[home of crawfish] I'm sure there are several others.
Nice Redbreast fishing.

+Quote Post
reeljustice
post Jun 15 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Forum Advisor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

My brothers and I put in at the public, concrete ramp at Hwy 301 the Friday before Memorial Day. We fished down the river as far as the mansion (you'll know it when you see it). We did pretty well, close to 100 large redbreast and bream between 2 boats on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. River level was somewhere around 6 feet if I remember correctly.

Good luck and watch out for the submerged stumps, limbs, etc.

--------------------
Don't miss the forest for the trees.

+Quote Post
Guest_kneedeep_*
post Jun 16 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (reeljustice @ Jun 15 2005, 11:58 PM)
My brothers and I put in at the public, concrete ramp at Hwy 301 the Friday before Memorial Day. We fished down the river as far as the mansion (you'll know it when you see it). We did pretty well, close to 100 large redbreast and bream between 2 boats on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. River level was somewhere around 6 feet if I remember correctly.

Good luck and watch out for the submerged stumps, limbs, etc.

I thought there was a ramp there - good to know - thanks Joel for the info. I would like to get back out that way one of these days.

+Quote Post
Everett
post Jun 16 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 320

The last time I was in the local DNR office here in Waycross, they had a pamphlett on the Satilla showing the ramps. That office is on Darling Ave. just off US 84 East.

+Quote Post
Savannah Dan
post Jun 17 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #7

Port Bow Monkey

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 135

Take a look HERE.

+Quote Post
boondocker
post Jun 17 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,295

there is a ramp at doe lake behind the old koa....Satilla Vacationland, its $2 to put in and out......dirt ramp, but generally in pretty good shape.....generally good fishing around the lake for specks, all the roots around the trees hold nice warmouth.....about a mile down river is long lake.....generally good fishing in between......

there is also a ramp on 32 for the little river.....there is one at the bridge and the zirkle ramp just up from that on the little satilla wma

you'll have better luck on spin dandy's over beetle spins.....yellow and black see to produce for me .......good luck......

+Quote Post
Guest_Capt. Bert Deener_*
post Jun 18 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #9

Guests

The river is pretty high right now - over 10ft last I checked. You'll want to wait for it to drop below about 7ft for it to get good again - 5ft (Wayx gauge) is better fishing, but harder to get around.

Unfortunately, the Satilla River Club at the Hwy 82 Bridge has been bought as a private residence, and the owners will not allow public access.

The best access in the Nahunta area is the Hwy 301 Bridge - concrete ramp on east side of 301, south side of the river. Herrin Landing is another concrete ramp just off Raybon Rock Rd. (a few miles west of 301). There was a small brown road sign with an arrow to the landing last time I was there, but it may be gone now.

You can have a copy of the Satilla River map mailed to you by calling the Waycross Fisheries Office at 912-285-6094, if you don't get to Waycross often, or you can go by the office.

+Quote Post
Guest_kneedeep_*
post Jun 19 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #10

Guests

I don't mean to derail, but again I would love to buy some cheap recreational property on the Satilla (Atkinson thorugh Waycross), or Ohoppee or Altamaha, etc. Prefer Satilla. If anyone knows of anything please email me. There was some there in Nahunta but I could not get to it due to the flooding. Will check back into it. Again, I don't care if it floods - just want something cheap to put a little cabin on. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Everett
post Jun 19 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 320

Knee,
You might try an ad (free I believe) in the area shopper.
It covers several counties.
Everett

The Waycross Shopper
540 Plant Avenue
Waycross, GA 31501-3510
Phone: (912) 285-8539

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:59 AM